Interaction Design Concepts
Interaction design is the field of design that defines and designs the behavior of artificial systems. It defines the content and structure of communication between two or more interacting individuals, so that they cooperate with each other to achieve a certain purpose. Interaction design strives to create and establish meaningful relationships between people and products and services. Its goals can be analyzed from two levels of "usability" and "user experience", focusing on people-oriented user needs.
To sum up, if we want to analyze the interaction design of a product, we can't focus on the product itself, but away from its users. Products provide services for users, and the interaction design of products exists for users to better use the product or some of its functions. If we just look at the product, we will fall into the predicament of knowing what it is and not knowing why. Only by analyzing the nature and usage scenarios of the product users, plus the characteristics of the product itself, can we deeply understand why the interactive function of the product is designed in this way, and the analysis documents produced can be more in-depth.
2. Douyin User and Scenario Analysis
If we want to deeply analyze the interaction design of Douyin, the analysis of user usage scenarios and product characteristics is essential. Because Douyin's interaction design is designed to highlight product features and advantages or to facilitate users to use these functions in the scene. By understanding these, we can understand the meaning behind interaction design.
2.1 User Analysis
The target users are first- and second-tier cities, post-90s white-collar workers, and students. The user population can be divided into two categories: content creation type, mainly expressing themselves through the platform; satisfying their own performance desire and watching diving type, mainly through the platform to consume fragmented time for fun, and watch comments, Share with friends.
2.2 Usage scenarios
(1) Only watch users
Watch anytime, anywhere, in fragmented leisure time to relax.
(2) Shoot video to record life users
When traveling, partying or encountering interesting things, shoot videos to share.
(3) PGC, MCN producer
A team of music lovers, fully designed, multi-person shooting exquisite high-quality video, and post-processing.
2.3 Advantages of short videos
(1) Short videos are richer and more vivid b2b data than pictures and texts, and have lower thresholds than live broadcasts and long videos. It is undoubtedly a traffic portal that major giants need to compete for.
(2) Instantly shoot and transmit, with strong operability. Short videos are quickly shot and produced through the app, and the works are edited and beautified using the filters, special effects and other auxiliary tools provided by the app. The entry threshold is low, allowing Xiaobai to create professional content.
(3) Instant viewing and strong dissemination. Short and powerful, it can effectively use the viewer's time fragments to play directly. Users only need a few minutes to watch the video, and the playback volume is easier to increase.
(4) Effective use of social networking to stimulate participation and sharing. Users watch, comment, and disseminate video works to break the time and place restrictions, and can quickly participate in the viewing and discussion of the video; high playback volume and comments also inversely encourage creators to produce better works, and sharing on social channels, for the The user's desire to share provides a convenient communication channel.
(5) A more immersive experience. From text to pictures, and finally to video, people's audio-visual experience is mobilized in all directions. In addition to inheriting the advantages of graphics and text, video also brings a more immersive experience by mobilizing the user's vision and hearing. A single video content can stick to users more than a single piece of information.
Since only the interaction design analysis is performed on the Douyin playback homepage, the third usage scenario and user needs in video shooting and post-video processing are no longer considered. According to the above usage scenarios and the characteristics of the short video itself, the interactive design of the Douyin play homepage meets the following user needs:
4.1 Fast viewing for a more immersive experience
Douyin adopts the default start playing interactive form of entering the APP, giving users an innovative experience of instant immersion. Combined with the characteristics of Douyin music short videos, beautiful music can quickly stimulate users' interest and increase user stickiness when they enter the APP in their fragmented leisure time. .
Disadvantages: Because it is played immediately after entering, and Douyin is often used on the way to work or in other areas without wifi, there is a modal dialog box reminder every time, interrupting the user's viewing. It can be changed to a non-modal upper tag reminder to remind users in a non-wifi environment while watching.
4.2 Simple and fast operation
The interaction methods of playing the homepage in Douyin all show the characteristics of convenience and speed, such as: pull down to switch to the next video, double-click to like, click to continue/pause playback, left swipe to view the user's homepage, because user needs are originally used in scattered time, Therefore, the interaction method cannot delay the user's time and waste the user's learning energy, otherwise it is easy for the user to give up.
4.3 Encourage socializing and sharing
In Douyin, the user home page, quick follow, like, comment, share, rotate music disc and other buttons are arranged vertically on the right side of the video playback home page. The button is large and occupies an obvious position. After playing more than two videos, the sharing button becomes a circle of friends icon, and the words user comments appear below the video playback of followers, which is encouraged for social operations, which solves the problem that users want to socialize, watch comments, and share. It is also in line with the characteristics of short videos that are suitable for sharing and rapid dissemination. And content producers receive positive encouragement from user comments and likes, which can also stimulate their creative passion.